The Willamette Action Collective (referred to hereafter as WAC) is an anti-imperialist, environmental organization based in the Willamette Valley. Its goal is to work toward dismantling imperialist and capitalist systems of government and economics, and to promote a transition towards environmentally responsible systems. The WAC strives to create a world with indefinite environmental health where a justly-treated humanity has moved beyond capitalism to exist as a supportive and supported part of the global ecology.
The WAC believes that imperialist and capitalist economies, governments, and practices are overwhelmingly responsible for manmade climate change. The unrestricted exploitation of our natural environment and the exploitation of workers, specifically marginalized communities, have resulted in a global ecological and humanitarian crisis. To the extent that these exploitations have stripped the wealth, power, and means of production from the worker, so too have they removed the worker from their ecology. Most of humankind is more removed from nature than ever, and it is clear that the crimes against the environment and crimes against the worker are symptoms of the same disease.
While the WAC condemns imperialism abroad, so too we recognize that Oregon exists on stolen land. The Willamette Valley is the home of the Kalapuya and Chinook peoples. We recognize their sovereignty and see decolonization as an essential aspect of dismantling capitalism.
Thus WAC rejects all governments, institutions, economies, organizations, and individuals who perpetuate the destruction of our environment and the subjugation of workers through neoliberalism and imperialism. Furthermore, the WAC rejects discrimination, racism, bigotry, ableism, and prejudice of all kinds. The WAC strives to unite communities through environmental and agricultural outreach, coalition building, education, and direct action and will work in solidarity with other local and global organizations in the fight against imperialism.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental protection, advocacy, justice, and education.
- Agrarian outreach, protections for small farms and farm workers, the promotion of environmentally responsible agricultural practices, and the fostering of food security.
- Defense and advocacy for workers’ rights, protection of undocumented workers, and the abolishment of systemic oppression.
- Education and strategizing to address the growing far-right and patriot militia presence, particularly the overlap between specific far-right groups and the environmental and anti-imperialist movements.
- Standing in international solidarity with peoples’ struggles and environmental struggles across the world.
- Decolonization of stolen land and a return to Indigenous sovereignty here in Oregon and across the world.